Urgent Evoke

A crash course in changing the world.

Call the EVOKE Network to action.  This is your chance to harness the collective and collaborative powers of EVOKE.  Submit a challenge to the Network in this discussion thread, and my team and I might feature it in the Breaking News box.

A good challenge will take only a short time to complete.  Consider these possible challenge themes, or suggest something of your own:

- Collaborative efforts
- Making new connections within the Network
- Forming teams/Working together
- Looking for patterns in the Evidence
- Collective intelligence challenges
- Creative challenges

HOW TO SUBMIT A CHALLENGE:

1 - In this discussion thread, describe your challenge.  Tell us what you’d like to see the EVOKE Network do. 

2 - Choose the EVOKE Power or Powers you want to see grow. Tell us how you think the challenge
should be rewarded.

If your challenge is selected to be featured, you will earn +100 Spark.

The Network awaits your call to action.

Views: 1060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like the EVOKE network to feature a debate form of the player-created game - something that would be of use to us if we were to enter into any particular field, as debating is so beneficial an art. It would fall under both knowledge share and resourcefulness - the mission would begin a countdown timer, or something to that effect, and the two agents participating would research and prepare a blog page on the topic that they had chosen on the site. This would promote research, argumentative writing and quick thinking.

It should be rewarded with a Knowledge Share and/or a Resourcefulness point, with the points going to each who participated, perhaps two to the one chosen as the better debater (Knowledge Share and Resourcefulness), and one (for Knowledge Share) to his competitor. Vision points could even be brought in, in exceptionally good cases.

I think this could prove a useful tool for any people planning on making a big impact on the world - because in order to obtain assistance from anyone, you often have to make them see what you do - and debating hones this skill.
Sorry, that last sentence should say "see what you see", rather than "see what you do".

Peter Beare said:
I would like the EVOKE network to feature a debate form of the player-created game - something that would be of use to us if we were to enter into any particular field, as debating is so beneficial an art. It would fall under both knowledge share and resourcefulness - the mission would begin a countdown timer, or something to that effect, and the two agents participating would research and prepare a blog page on the topic that they had chosen on the site. This would promote research, argumentative writing and quick thinking.

It should be rewarded with a Knowledge Share and/or a Resourcefulness point, with the points going to each who participated, perhaps two to the one chosen as the better debater (Knowledge Share and Resourcefulness), and one (for Knowledge Share) to his competitor. Vision points could even be brought in, in exceptionally good cases.

I think this could prove a useful tool for any people planning on making a big impact on the world - because in order to obtain assistance from anyone, you often have to make them see what you do - and debating hones this skill.
Another possible, and very useful option, is the idea of collaborative articles posted as blogs. Writing up an article, something like a Google Doc, on this system would nicely emphasise how important collaboration is in these types of situations - to use a cliche, "two heads are better than one." The allure to this is the reward of four points for the two agents, two to each - rather than write an article alone for one point, join up with a friend for two. perhaps a link from here to Google Docs, and provided the Doc confirmed the input of two differing agents, the award of four points would be allowed. This, however, would be harder to achieve than the debating point I made below, but it's a useful idea nonetheless.
I like the idea of a collaborative challenge.

I've noticed some people already posting to try to gather groups of people together to work on an Evokation (Here and Here). I think it may be interesting to turn collaboration on an Evokation, or any sort of positive project, into a long term challenge.

The first challenge would be to find at least one other person, and create a post together with a rough idea for what you want to collaborate on. All of the people involved would post the same post on their own blog, and would provide links to the other same posts on their team members' blogs. They would receive 1 Collaboration point for this, plus any points their team members may want to give (encouragement for collaborative with more people)

This would then be continued in a series of challenges, working to a final and actualized goal. Subsequent challenges may involve fleshing out and making a detailed plan, or taking actions on your plan.

For example, say Bob and I find each other on Evoke, and find that we share a passion for engineering. This challenge comes about, and we decide to work together. We come up with the idea of joining Engineers Without Borders and traveling to the same rural town in Africa and doing a project there. We blog about this in the first challenge.

In the second challenge, we make a detailed plan of action. Describe when we are going to join Engineers Without Borders, where we are going to go, what we are going to do, how we are going to pay for it, etc.

In the Third challenge, we actually do it, and blog about our experiences.

This is mostly to grow Collaboration, and is also to create actual action. It can be the spark that gets people working together, planning, and then actually doing something. Rewards would be a point in collaboration for doing it plus the points your teammates give you.
I would like to see a game where people collaborate on each of the world major crisis to find innovative solutions. Possible topics include but are not limited to:

Economic crisis
Environment - Global Warming
Environment - Sustainability
Alternative Energy Sources
Hunger
Poverty
Racism
War
Human Rights Violations
Slavery
Human Trafficking
Child Labor
Healthcare for all
Terrorism

What would be really great would be if this could be set up in the discussion forum to where each individual post could be rated by evoke powers as a kind of rating system.
I propose a challenge to the people interested in dealing with food shortages and possible solutions - the challenge is to plant from seed (or grocery refuse) and grow something edible in the 68 days left until the end of the first season of Evoke.

People should be encouraged to discuss in posts and threads what they will be growing (and why), what container they'll use for holding the growing medium they're using, if they're going to reuse any household waste they have (and the benefits or negatives of doing so) and what they'll use their edible plant for.

They should take photographs (in an album) of their growing location, of the first sprout, of the second growth of leaves, and then of the plant when it gets to some arbitrary heights.

Finally, a grand points prize for the day when they harvest their plant, and actually eat it.

I believe that this will be most appropriate for Resourcefulness, Sustainability, and possibly Local Insight.

I believe a great many people could take part in this, green fingered or otherwise (do we think that people in trouble will be given the luxury of letting their plants die) from busy office workers with a pot of chives, to wh*** classrooms of school children with windowboxes full of chinese cabbages and radishes! I am ready to take the lead on this, if people need encouragement.
Hi everyone!

Let´s Collaborate together on this one:

Step 1- Are you interested in learning more about Urban Farms or can you share knowledge about them?
Step 2- Imagine and share with all of us how do you imagine your ideal Urban
Farm. What vegetables can you grow in your area? What activities would
you develop in this farm? How can this farm help your local community?

Imagine a world where in every city block we have a urban farm. A place to meet your neighbors, learn from the elder and the young, harvest
fresh organic produce, practice yoga and have potluck parties and dance
under the light of the moon!

What else can you do in this Urban Farm? Share your dreams!!!
There is evidence about the Tokyo challenge details in the Envoke trailer that allows the construction of a provisional and preliminary tool kit to use when Alchemy releases more details of the mission. I've laid some of these out in my blog Tokyo Tool Kit. I posted it under a different title earlier so you may have to look at my profile page to find it.

The challenge is to look through the trailer for these hints and use all the Web resources to build a bigger and better All Agents Tokyo tool kit for general use when Alchemy opens the next gate. As Alchemy's agent says in page 4 of the trailer, she will be ready to go as soon as she packs some tools. So we should be ready to go and we need to pack some tools.

I have no idea about what points to award to what agent for what contribution. The only suggestion I have to offer is for each participant in this challenge to award points to other contributors in whatever categories you choose as long as it is based on your own individual opinions of what is contributed.

Eugene Robkin
Yeah we could actually start work on the Tokyo food security problem? I like Eugene's suggestions above.
How about putting together on the wiki what we are finding out about what will work in Tokyo in 2020?
I started a blog post with some of the questions I am trying to find answers for. I am sure folks have more questions to add as well - we could start building resources up on the wiki?
Deborah identified three categories of food project that could have feasibility studies done: rooftop farms, vertical farming, and aquaculture. Those three could be our starter systems for collecting together what everyone can find out about how to make them work in that local area?
Amanda Jeffrey said:
I propose a challenge to the people interested in dealing with food shortages and possible solutions - the challenge is to plant from seed (or grocery refuse) and grow something edible in the 68 days left until the end of the first season of Evoke.

What an incredibly good idea! I think I might do this anyway.
Challenge: Use the EVOKE API to create a tool to empower the community. Allow us to filter, modify, adapt, and include information.

This challenge is twofold. First, it is a tool-making challenge. Secondly, it's a /learning/ challenge. If we have API hooks from python, this could be a good reason to learn basic programming for at least a few people.

---
Challenge: Build a Reprap in your community. Make parts for a second one.

There is nothing more in the spirit of urgent EVOKE than a reprap, and if we harness this community, we can spread the spread of self-reproducing 3d printers.
Here's my creative challenge:

I've been pondering, lately, about what I'd put into a Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit (ZASK for short). Considering short-, medium-, and long-term versions that could help people survive an immediate danger as well as a long term food shortage.

EVOKE has me thinking on a broader scale, now.

I want the EVOKE Agents to compile a list of things that should be in every home, around the world, that can fit into an emergency backpack or dufflebag.

It's a simple request, but the answer can become very complicated as you cram more and more things in there.

Extra Credit: Make visual Evidence of an emergency kit you've put together for your own home. If you can't afford something, use a replica!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Ning Admin is now a member of Urgent Evoke
May 17, 2023
N updated their profile
Sep 25, 2020
Sophie C. commented on Asger Jon Vistisen's blog post Stinging Nettle
"I love that you've brought this to attention. An extensive database of uncommon but resistant and hardy plants/foods could be developed and organized by climate. Ease of growth and processing should also be taken in to account. I will try to…"
Aug 19, 2020
Meghan Mulvey posted a blog post

Fourth of July on the Lake

This past weekend was the annual celebration at the lake house in Connecticut. It is amazing that the lake is still so clear and beautiful after all these years. The watershed association has done a wonderful job protecting these waters from the damaging effects of development.The wood grill was finally ready to cook on, so we didn't miss the propane tank fueled grill anymore. The food actually tasted fresher than in the past and was easy to keep fueled.Dad was very proud of the solar hybrid…See More
Jul 6, 2020
Asger Jon Vistisen posted a blog post

Stinging Nettle

In this blog post I will focus on a plant that is abundant in our nature, and which is immensely nutritious. It's of course the Stinging Nettle. Let's start with the chemical constituents of this plant:37 % Non-Nitrogen-Extracts19 - 29 % Ash9 - 21 % Fiber4 % Fat22 % ProteinOnce the leaves are drid, their protein content can reach an astounding 40 %, which is much higher than beef, which even under the best of circ**stances can never exceed 31 % protein. In addition the Stinging Nettle consists…See More
Apr 13, 2020
Jonathon McCallum posted a blog post

The meal

It is 7'oclock, I was late home from work due to an assignment that i wanted to get ahead on. By the time I get home I am feeling extremley tired and I cannot be bothered to make a proper meal. I walk to the fridge and open it to see what there is for me to eat. All of the out of date foodstuffs have been automaticaly thrown away by the fridge, they will be recycled tomorrow as animal feed or something. I see i have organic local eggs and some local cheese. Foods are vacc** sealded for easy…See More
Mar 10, 2020
Jean Paul Galea shared a profile on Facebook
Mar 1, 2020
Kevin posted a blog post

Future

FutureToday is 2020/1/1. It is just like yesterday. The war is still continuing. It has started since 2010. In 2010, that year was a horrible year. Almost every energy ran out. Every country’s governments were crushed down at the same time. There were riots everywhere. All of the big company’s bosses were killed xdeadx in the riots. Troops fought each other everywhere. Food was bought up xawayx at once. There were no more food supplies in any shops. The economy was all crushed down. All the…See More
Jan 1, 2020
Namwaka Mooto posted blog posts
Jan 13, 2016
T D updated their profile
Sep 3, 2015
Brook Warner posted blog posts
Aug 25, 2015
Santiago Vega posted blog posts
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega commented on Santiago Vega's blog post Act 8
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega posted photos
May 5, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a photo

public servants

The exchange works directly for state and public workers and servants. It gives them credit in exchange for the amount of public work they contribute to the community. The more constructive they are based off a base rate the more credit they recieve.
May 2, 2015

Follow EVOKE on Twitter

Official EVOKE Facebook Page

EVOKE RSS Activity Feed

© 2024   Created by Alchemy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service