Urgent Evoke

A crash course in changing the world.

Call the EVOKE Network to action.  This is your chance to harness the collective and collaborative powers of EVOKE.  Submit a challenge to the Network in this discussion thread, and my team and I might feature it in the Breaking News box.

A good challenge will take only a short time to complete.  Consider these possible challenge themes, or suggest something of your own:

- Collaborative efforts
- Making new connections within the Network
- Forming teams/Working together
- Looking for patterns in the Evidence
- Collective intelligence challenges
- Creative challenges

HOW TO SUBMIT A CHALLENGE:

1 - In this discussion thread, describe your challenge.  Tell us what you’d like to see the EVOKE Network do. 

2 - Choose the EVOKE Power or Powers you want to see grow. Tell us how you think the challenge
should be rewarded.

If your challenge is selected to be featured, you will earn +100 Spark.

The Network awaits your call to action.

Views: 1060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I completely support this David and will take it on as a personal challenge myself.

David Perner said:
I've been noticing that, while certainly the contributions of people from all over the world are welcome, North America and Europe seem to be far overrepresented on the EVOKE network. On top of this, those few members from countries like Uganda and Malawi often seem to not be very involved in posting evidence or completing challenges.

My challenge to the EVOKE network would be to contact some of these players, who can offer the most valuable local insight on the issues we're discussing, and encourage them to be more involved. !
I too shall take this on

Ayala Sherbow said:
I completely support this David and will take it on as a personal challenge myself.

David Perner said:
I've been noticing that, while certainly the contributions of people from all over the world are welcome, North America and Europe seem to be far overrepresented on the EVOKE network. On top of this, those few members from countries like Uganda and Malawi often seem to not be very involved in posting evidence or completing challenges.

My challenge to the EVOKE network would be to contact some of these players, who can offer the most valuable local insight on the issues we're discussing, and encourage them to be more involved. !
I really agree with this one... I've even been toying with the idea of asking folks to put Money where their virtual mouths are... Picking some underfunded project - perhaps even a vote for one out of a few - and challenge Evoke community to fundraise for it.

nemanja divjak said:
I would like to challenge EVOKE to create a page where all users could collaborate on 1 thing ..
Something like WIKI PAGE ..

Based on the mission
I would like that we can all manage the page add pictures videos links and EVIDENCES ..

So we can have 1 problem on 1 page .. so we don't have to browse 10-20 comment pages .. and put it all together .. A team should arrange what should stay and what should be removed .. there are always spamers...

Maybe even progress bar .. that will tell us how much in % we have gone far about some mission .. and realisation of it ..

THE EVOKE HAS BEEN EVOKE CHALLENGED :)

+COLLABORATION!
I want to challenge the network to tell how their formal education change the way their manage ordinary situations. For example: when I heard in the news the price of the gas-oil will be increase, I already start worry about there I have to paid more money every time I take a bus, even when I know thats probably happen in a few months from now. And that is how my formal education in Economic has an influence in my ordinary life.
This challenge could be rewarded with + 5 Knowledge Share powers.
I want to challenge the network to find out what really motivates them! More specifically a proverb, quote or image. I wan't agents to dig deep, and figure out what inspires them! What instills determination in them! I wan't agents to learn from other agents. The aim is to get agents to see what gets their fellow agents going! This challenge would be beneficial to all involved. It's about finding out what causes you to feel inspired to act.

The challenge would work similarly to the first challenge where we chose our favorite EVOKE power. Instead of EVOKE powers though, we search for motivation and inspiration. It's simple and effective! It would help grow the EVOKE powers of COLLABORATION (my favorite), RESOURCEFULNESS and COURAGE. The challenge should be reward mainly by RESOURCEFULNESS and COURAGE points, but in cases of collaboration with other agents' motivations COLLABORATION should be awarded.

I personally have been posting motivational proverbs, quotes and images on my blog (http://www.urgentevoke.com/profiles/blogs/motivation-words-of-wisdom). I unintentionally managed to find what kind of things motivate me and it was a great feeling! This itself inspired me to get others to attempt the same!
What makes birds sing every morning when they awaken to a new day? The warmpth of the sun, the freshness of the breeze, the opportunity to find food to sustain them and their chicks? What sparks the fish to continue to swim; animals to pursue the functions of their lives; monarch butterflies to migrate; bees to undertake the slow, wing-beating march that keeps their hives from freezing during the long months of northern winters?
How much more can we, as humans, accomplish? We all share a common spark of life, but we, with opposable thumbs that can form and utilize tools; spoken and written language that can share and contribute to the knowledge of some, or all; the ability to conceive and develop new ways to enhance our quality of life, to enable us to complete daunting mechanical tasks, to travel across oceans, through the atmosphere, and to the moon and beyond,
How much more can we, as agents in EVOKE, accomplish? We share a common drive to succeed in our assignments, in the challenges we encounter outside this virtual "world," to accomplish the changes within our abilities, and, hopefully, to inspire others to new levels of innovation to meet other challenges.
Martin Dyer's collections of motivational phrases are a distillation of the inspirations of a cadre of innovators throughout history. Innovators exist in all cultures, at all levels of education, in all walks of life. Each of us has a spark of inspiration, courage, resilience to enable us to meet the challenges of the day, of our lives--to solve our problems, and to work, singly and together, to develop solutions to the problems facing the world in general: food, energy, environment, education, et cetera. What bridges can we build that can enable us to walk to a better tomorrow? How can we work with others to achieve new heights, a more sustainable life in a more sustainable world?
"The greatest good we can do for others is not to share our riches with them, but to reveal their own." - Benjamin Disraeli
Visit a Local Farmer's Market

Sounds easy, huh? Shop for what you would normally buy for your meals. Okay, now once you're there, you are to take the time to informally chat with the local "produce growers" who are selling fruits and vegetables there. Ask them what they are growing, where they're located, and if the produce you bought is something they grew or not. If not, where did it come from?

The idea is to gain awareness of what actually grows in your area, what is shipped, and how come some people are selling stuff they don't actually grow, but get elsewhere. You will also be able to network with local farmers who can give you information on their farms and the local produce. Now, go home and find out if you and your family could live on a diet of what is actually grown locally in your area or if that would be considered "too hard." Get your family involved and see if you can put together a menu of a week's worth of meals that don't involve anything other than what is sold and produced locally. What would that menu really look like without importing foods?
good ideas. Some local market vendors in my area also keep hens, sell eggs, fish, farm shell-fish; there are artisinal bakers using local grains, etc., and sausage makers, etc., using locally raised meats...

Claire Moylan said:

Sounds easy, huh? Shop for what you would normally buy for your meals. Okay, now once you're there, you are to take the time to informally chat with the local "produce growers" who are selling fruits and vegetables there. Ask them what they are growing, where they're located, and if the produce you bought is something they grew or not. If not, where did it come from?

The idea is to gain awareness of what actually grows in your area, what is shipped, and how come some people are selling stuff they don't actually grow, but get elsewhere. You will also be able to network with local farmers who can give you information on their farms and the local produce. Now, go home and find out if you and your family could live on a diet of what is actually grown locally in your area or if that would be considered "too hard." Get your family involved and see if you can put together a menu of a week's worth of meals that don't involve anything other than what is sold and produced locally. What would that menu really look like without importing foods?
Dear All,

I submitted my challenges to the network but un able to see the points/score of the same of my assignments. May I know what is going on there???????????
Claire - i like this challenge...I buy my fruits, veggies, and even some meat products from the Rochester Public Market, here in Rochester New York.

A thought beyond your challenge would be to create a educational program for what type of vendors you encounter, a list of questions to ask each, and how to steer clear of ones who are less scrupulous.

Claire Moylan said:

Hello,

For a portion of the population I believe your right. Many reasons there depending on where you live in the world. However they can be educated and with education can see alternatives that where right under there nose.

I would also point out that there is portion of the population that does not want to see change come to make a sustainable world, many reasons here as well..from greed to enforced ignorance. We should not let this dissuade us from the path before us but must keep that in mind when embarking on the path.

Panamericana said:
I think that making a sustainable world is comparable to making sausage,
everyone likes it, but few want to see the process.

Michele Baron said:
good ideas. Some local market vendors in my area also keep hens, sell eggs, fish, farm shell-fish; there are artisinal bakers using local grains, etc., and sausage makers, etc., using locally raised meats...

Claire Moylan said:

I want to call the EVOKE Network to action.

I would like to see a challenge that focuses on LOCAL INSIGHT and SUSTAINABILITY.

For this challenge, one would have to post a blog of a local/national recipe (and a picture if wanted) using sustainable, locally sourced goods. This would be worth +1 Local insight and/or +1 Sustainability.

From there, it could be great (if possible) to add in a COLLABORATION aspect, whereupon someone could add a comment to the recipe blog and comment on how the recipe would have to be changed if it were to be sustainable locally for them. (this would be worth +1 Collaboration)

I think this would help EVOKE agents to consider the diversity of different local resources in one country to another. I also think this would be a great way to share culture/local insight with others on the evoke network. =)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Ning Admin is now a member of Urgent Evoke
May 17, 2023
N updated their profile
Sep 25, 2020
Sophie C. commented on Asger Jon Vistisen's blog post Stinging Nettle
"I love that you've brought this to attention. An extensive database of uncommon but resistant and hardy plants/foods could be developed and organized by climate. Ease of growth and processing should also be taken in to account. I will try to…"
Aug 19, 2020
Meghan Mulvey posted a blog post

Fourth of July on the Lake

This past weekend was the annual celebration at the lake house in Connecticut. It is amazing that the lake is still so clear and beautiful after all these years. The watershed association has done a wonderful job protecting these waters from the damaging effects of development.The wood grill was finally ready to cook on, so we didn't miss the propane tank fueled grill anymore. The food actually tasted fresher than in the past and was easy to keep fueled.Dad was very proud of the solar hybrid…See More
Jul 6, 2020
Asger Jon Vistisen posted a blog post

Stinging Nettle

In this blog post I will focus on a plant that is abundant in our nature, and which is immensely nutritious. It's of course the Stinging Nettle. Let's start with the chemical constituents of this plant:37 % Non-Nitrogen-Extracts19 - 29 % Ash9 - 21 % Fiber4 % Fat22 % ProteinOnce the leaves are drid, their protein content can reach an astounding 40 %, which is much higher than beef, which even under the best of circ**stances can never exceed 31 % protein. In addition the Stinging Nettle consists…See More
Apr 13, 2020
Jonathon McCallum posted a blog post

The meal

It is 7'oclock, I was late home from work due to an assignment that i wanted to get ahead on. By the time I get home I am feeling extremley tired and I cannot be bothered to make a proper meal. I walk to the fridge and open it to see what there is for me to eat. All of the out of date foodstuffs have been automaticaly thrown away by the fridge, they will be recycled tomorrow as animal feed or something. I see i have organic local eggs and some local cheese. Foods are vacc** sealded for easy…See More
Mar 10, 2020
Jean Paul Galea shared a profile on Facebook
Mar 1, 2020
Kevin posted a blog post

Future

FutureToday is 2020/1/1. It is just like yesterday. The war is still continuing. It has started since 2010. In 2010, that year was a horrible year. Almost every energy ran out. Every country’s governments were crushed down at the same time. There were riots everywhere. All of the big company’s bosses were killed xdeadx in the riots. Troops fought each other everywhere. Food was bought up xawayx at once. There were no more food supplies in any shops. The economy was all crushed down. All the…See More
Jan 1, 2020
Namwaka Mooto posted blog posts
Jan 13, 2016
T D updated their profile
Sep 3, 2015
Brook Warner posted blog posts
Aug 25, 2015
Santiago Vega posted blog posts
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega commented on Santiago Vega's blog post Act 8
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega posted photos
May 5, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a photo

public servants

The exchange works directly for state and public workers and servants. It gives them credit in exchange for the amount of public work they contribute to the community. The more constructive they are based off a base rate the more credit they recieve.
May 2, 2015

Follow EVOKE on Twitter

Official EVOKE Facebook Page

EVOKE RSS Activity Feed

© 2024   Created by Alchemy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service