Urgent Evoke

A crash course in changing the world.

Have questions? Need help? Ideas to share? Looking for collaborators? Discuss the Social Innovation mission objectives here.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it will be important to act together and to do a sort of co-operation for improving all the ideas of Social innovation. Everyone of us has dreams they would like to realize and everyone of us has the right to do what he wants, but in my opinion the best solution is to work together.
Silvia has a good point here, but we need to look at what stage Evoke is at now. I guess at this first stage, this first episode, we need to get a sense of feeling for each other. How this site works. How we can relate to each other, and the flood of information, not only within Evoke, but also within the countless other info-streams outside this site.

I think the Social Innovation mission objective was a bit half-finished. I mean - the missions were good. But after mission 3 - to write about where we are in 2020 - there is nothing? What next? Where does the game take us this week? Sure, we can just continue writing other blog entries, and connect with other authors, giving comments etc. Connecting. But if you follow the 'game' genre here, seeing this as a game, no matter how many 'serious' implications this game has, then there has got to be more to it now.

Social innovation - will there be a discussion thread where Alchemy discusses some of the ideas expressed or the heros described by the site members? Will we be given additional, optional, quests or missions?
Missions could be seperated into one per day or every few days over a week span, depending on how many objectives are come up with. I know under the system right now, there's 3 missions and 1 quest. It could be divided up into the quest and the learn part of the mission coming on the first release day, with the other two mission parts being released later in the week.

This throttles people back a little bit and encourages them to think their posts out more and develop ideas before posting. I feel most people won't feel the need to rush through all three parts of the mission just to get it completed, and more polished, and discussed ideas will come to the forefront! After all, that's the entire goal, is it not? =]
What's the deal with the 50% referred to at the end of Ep1? I'd like more details before I proceed? Is it 50% of the profits related to fresh food sales? Is this meant to drive Social Innovation mission objectives? Thanks, S.
We need to find out what the people at the source of the problem feel needs to be the solution. Local ownership of a problem is important for a long term solution.
Hi , I wonder, how one can know if s/he passed the first objective of the first mission. For instance, I did 'Learning', but do not want to go to the next objective till I know if I have done the first. Any help is appreciated.

P.S my question does not concern about '10 Quests', I found it, but only about missions. Thank you
How have you changed africa in the past? and just a comment that symbol looks very much the same to an ending of a movie I just watched...hmm
I'm still having trouble understanding how to complete missions. Are you to go up and above what they talk about or specifically mention what they say?
You can tell if you passed the missions by looking at your profile page. When the missions are complete, they turn green. Take a look at mine for ideas on how detailed they should be.

Make sure to address each point given in the missions. Do not leave anything out. Research on the net, go in depth, tell a story. :-) Most of all, make it your own and have fun!

Yakhyo Kayumov said:
Hi , I wonder, how one can know if s/he passed the first objective of the first mission. For instance, I did 'Learning', but do not want to go to the next objective till I know if I have done the first. Any help is appreciated.

P.S my question does not concern about '10 Quests', I found it, but only about missions. Thank you
Feeling a bit confused, indeed...
The point of the objective, is that using Africa's own resources, could you make it more self-sufficent, because foreign interaction is unreliable in most cases. Sure any other country could send massive amounts of food to help the famine, but that solution is only temporary, the problem of farmers having small harvests themselves and having bugs and disease run rampant among their crops would be the problem to attack. Also, those at the government head should, as said, give more to the common people, and we all know the diamond industry isn't helping Africa's average population one bit.

Vadivellu Sivalingamoorthy said:
The truth is simply that , the solution for all the current problems are out there. Every common man walking this earth knows what can and has to be done. But the human heart and mind is not willing. People sitting on top of the chain of command are not willing.

Do you all realise how much money is spent on all these international meets. Money for the banners ...the hosting.. the dinners etc etc...Really...do we need to waste such an obscene amount of money to discuss AIDS, Africa , famine etc..

Really lets start being innovative with the way our governments or bodies like World Bank etc conduct their affairs in the name of providing a better world...

Lets start with the basics...why think so much when they answer is right in between our eyes..Does anyone in this world really need to go hungry..Are we really facing food shortage?. Sigh..but we are all very excited in starting all sorts of new programs when we haven't completed or rather cared less to pay attention to well established solutions out there.

Africa...the cradle of human existence ( I dont know what the creationist might think of that) is treated more like a world Zoo in all the media. Am I offending anyone by this radical statement? I am saying it as it is...that's all . why mince words?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Ning Admin is now a member of Urgent Evoke
May 17, 2023
N updated their profile
Sep 25, 2020
Sophie C. commented on Asger Jon Vistisen's blog post Stinging Nettle
"I love that you've brought this to attention. An extensive database of uncommon but resistant and hardy plants/foods could be developed and organized by climate. Ease of growth and processing should also be taken in to account. I will try to…"
Aug 19, 2020
Meghan Mulvey posted a blog post

Fourth of July on the Lake

This past weekend was the annual celebration at the lake house in Connecticut. It is amazing that the lake is still so clear and beautiful after all these years. The watershed association has done a wonderful job protecting these waters from the damaging effects of development.The wood grill was finally ready to cook on, so we didn't miss the propane tank fueled grill anymore. The food actually tasted fresher than in the past and was easy to keep fueled.Dad was very proud of the solar hybrid…See More
Jul 6, 2020
Asger Jon Vistisen posted a blog post

Stinging Nettle

In this blog post I will focus on a plant that is abundant in our nature, and which is immensely nutritious. It's of course the Stinging Nettle. Let's start with the chemical constituents of this plant:37 % Non-Nitrogen-Extracts19 - 29 % Ash9 - 21 % Fiber4 % Fat22 % ProteinOnce the leaves are drid, their protein content can reach an astounding 40 %, which is much higher than beef, which even under the best of circ**stances can never exceed 31 % protein. In addition the Stinging Nettle consists…See More
Apr 13, 2020
Jonathon McCallum posted a blog post

The meal

It is 7'oclock, I was late home from work due to an assignment that i wanted to get ahead on. By the time I get home I am feeling extremley tired and I cannot be bothered to make a proper meal. I walk to the fridge and open it to see what there is for me to eat. All of the out of date foodstuffs have been automaticaly thrown away by the fridge, they will be recycled tomorrow as animal feed or something. I see i have organic local eggs and some local cheese. Foods are vacc** sealded for easy…See More
Mar 10, 2020
Jean Paul Galea shared a profile on Facebook
Mar 1, 2020
Kevin posted a blog post

Future

FutureToday is 2020/1/1. It is just like yesterday. The war is still continuing. It has started since 2010. In 2010, that year was a horrible year. Almost every energy ran out. Every country’s governments were crushed down at the same time. There were riots everywhere. All of the big company’s bosses were killed xdeadx in the riots. Troops fought each other everywhere. Food was bought up xawayx at once. There were no more food supplies in any shops. The economy was all crushed down. All the…See More
Jan 1, 2020
Namwaka Mooto posted blog posts
Jan 13, 2016
T D updated their profile
Sep 3, 2015
Brook Warner posted blog posts
Aug 25, 2015
Santiago Vega posted blog posts
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega commented on Santiago Vega's blog post Act 8
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega posted photos
May 5, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a photo

public servants

The exchange works directly for state and public workers and servants. It gives them credit in exchange for the amount of public work they contribute to the community. The more constructive they are based off a base rate the more credit they recieve.
May 2, 2015

Follow EVOKE on Twitter

Official EVOKE Facebook Page

EVOKE RSS Activity Feed

© 2024   Created by Alchemy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service