Urgent Evoke

A crash course in changing the world.

In China, there is only a few people knowing what ARG is.

If I didn't go to US, I would not be interested in it. My professor tell me some great work done by Jane Mcgonigal and then I get to know Evoke. After 10 weeks of playing, I figure out that I totally love it.

So what is your story? 

How do you get to know evoke?

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A.V.Koshy said:
my brother who works in an art,design and technology college where i also worked sent me a link
i joined and liked it so here i am
i also sent out many other invitations - 239 lol - but though some five or six joined they didnt really play
however there are several indians on here . about five really active ones, so it's ok i guess....
I heard about it through a friend that in turn heard about it on a TED-talk. I started playing week 4, so I had a little catching up to do...
There are only a few Swedish players and no one I've spoken to have heard about UE.
I was looking for info and resources related to immigration policies in my city (all are failing, I don't know why), when I found the list of convocatories and other activities inviting european youth for 2010. It was more like the game found me. actually :-). It took me about one week to make up my mind, I lost precious time, I started evoking on March 16th.
Playes from Bolivia are not active, I figure out it must be hard for them becuase of the language and the "fast" Internet conncetion. Thi is the reason why I think UEvoke II has to become more accessible to the "un-westernly developed" world.
Temura: Do you feel UE requires a fast internet connection? My experience is that low bandwidth is enough.

Ternura Rojas said:
I was looking for info and resources related to immigration policies in my city (all are failing, I don't know why), when I found the list of convocatories and other activities inviting european youth for 2010. It was more like the game found me. actually :-). It took me about one week to make up my mind, I lost precious time, I started evoking on March 16th.
Playes from Bolivia are not active, I figure out it must be hard for them becuase of the language and the "fast" Internet conncetion. Thi is the reason why I think UEvoke II has to become more accessible to the "un-westernly developed" world.
yes johan
i know what ternura is talking of
i am in libya at present
im the only one from libya here
a friend of mine also joined but is not playing
i find it very tough to play the game because my connection is slow
i cant download or watch videos
peggie scott from liberia faces even more of a problem
in india power cuts make it difficult to work
we cant access uevoke on our mobile phones
language is also a problem in trhe developing nations
the game thrives only in places where digitality is the norm and not the exception
however im sure next time around it will take these things into consideration

Johan Sundqvist said:
Temura: Do you feel UE requires a fast internet connection? My experience is that low bandwidth is enough.

Ternura Rojas said:
Thanks Koshy!
Dear Johan:
Low bandwidth should be enough and also the mobile phone version should be enough. But there are places where agents don't even have access to those.
I've heard complaints from European agents who are in humanitarian mission in Africa or South America. One of them must be really frustrated, as he probably won't get the certificate because he can't get to buid his dark site (connection constantly falling down).
I have a friend who runs a refugee camp in Congo. I believe my friend would be an excellent contributor to this game with all her on-the-field experience. She is a Spanish Lawyer working now for UNHCR and she can't even dream of having a decent connection to participate and encourage her people to join.
While I am here, comfortably sitting on a bench by the Cantabrian sea shore, submitting my evidence using the superb wi-fi service offered by my city council for Free!!!.
We have to address this problem, and I do not refer solely to UEvoke or the WBI but all of us. Any ideas for an Evokation?

Johan Sundqvist said:
Ternura Rojas said:
a friend, he even tries to save the world with bamboo
send me a link
young people in my environment are often not interest about ecological consequences
the evoke style could that change...
I understood what you wrote! (is it Google translator?)
Do you think UE game should be translated to your language? which language is it?

martin thuering said:
send me a link
young people in my environment are often not interest about ecological consequences
german
no google translator
he does not work well with German
the refinement of the language is already important
I speak rather in pictures
some english I learned at school the rest by traveling

Ternura Rojas said:
I understood what you wrote! (is it Google translator?)
Do you think UE game should be translated to your language? which language is it?

martin thuering said:
send me a link
I've been promoting evolutionary games (based on developmental theory) for years, and I knew a little about Jane's previous games (but not her). I think I even signed up for the last one, but thought it was way too negative. And so when I saw the TED talk, which was overwhelmingly positive, and I remembered an acquaintance of mine on LiveJournal who had been talking about working on one of the previous games (I even thought that might have been Jane, since I didn't remember her real name), and came here immediately. And when I got here, I saw my LJ friend's name on the Leaderboard, and joined and friended her immediately. :-) And since I'd just ended a major project in my life, I had an opening for something new and big, this ended up being the perfect thing!
I updated a few of my missions on my phone on the Tanzanian countryside. But now that you reminded me; the Dark site wouldn't have worked...

Ternura Rojas said:
Thanks Koshy!
Dear Johan:
Low bandwidth should be enough and also the mobile phone version should be enough. But there are places where agents don't even have access to those.
I've heard complaints from European agents who are in humanitarian mission in Africa or South America. One of them must be really frustrated, as he probably won't get the certificate because he can't get to buid his dark site (connection constantly falling down).
I have a friend who runs a refugee camp in Congo. I believe my friend would be an excellent contributor to this game with all her on-the-field experience. She is a Spanish Lawyer working now for UNHCR and she can't even dream of having a decent connection to participate and encourage her people to join.
While I am here, comfortably sitting on a bench by the Cantabrian sea shore, submitting my evidence using the superb wi-fi service offered by my city council for Free!!!.
We have to address this problem, and I do not refer solely to UEvoke or the WBI but all of us. Any ideas for an Evokation?

Johan Sundqvist said:
Ternura Rojas said:
Ternura, building a dark site isn't a requirement, you know? You only have to do one of the three missions each week to get the certification.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Ning Admin is now a member of Urgent Evoke
May 17, 2023
N updated their profile
Sep 25, 2020
Sophie C. commented on Asger Jon Vistisen's blog post Stinging Nettle
"I love that you've brought this to attention. An extensive database of uncommon but resistant and hardy plants/foods could be developed and organized by climate. Ease of growth and processing should also be taken in to account. I will try to…"
Aug 19, 2020
Meghan Mulvey posted a blog post

Fourth of July on the Lake

This past weekend was the annual celebration at the lake house in Connecticut. It is amazing that the lake is still so clear and beautiful after all these years. The watershed association has done a wonderful job protecting these waters from the damaging effects of development.The wood grill was finally ready to cook on, so we didn't miss the propane tank fueled grill anymore. The food actually tasted fresher than in the past and was easy to keep fueled.Dad was very proud of the solar hybrid…See More
Jul 6, 2020
Asger Jon Vistisen posted a blog post

Stinging Nettle

In this blog post I will focus on a plant that is abundant in our nature, and which is immensely nutritious. It's of course the Stinging Nettle. Let's start with the chemical constituents of this plant:37 % Non-Nitrogen-Extracts19 - 29 % Ash9 - 21 % Fiber4 % Fat22 % ProteinOnce the leaves are drid, their protein content can reach an astounding 40 %, which is much higher than beef, which even under the best of circ**stances can never exceed 31 % protein. In addition the Stinging Nettle consists…See More
Apr 13, 2020
Jonathon McCallum posted a blog post

The meal

It is 7'oclock, I was late home from work due to an assignment that i wanted to get ahead on. By the time I get home I am feeling extremley tired and I cannot be bothered to make a proper meal. I walk to the fridge and open it to see what there is for me to eat. All of the out of date foodstuffs have been automaticaly thrown away by the fridge, they will be recycled tomorrow as animal feed or something. I see i have organic local eggs and some local cheese. Foods are vacc** sealded for easy…See More
Mar 10, 2020
Jean Paul Galea shared a profile on Facebook
Mar 1, 2020
Kevin posted a blog post

Future

FutureToday is 2020/1/1. It is just like yesterday. The war is still continuing. It has started since 2010. In 2010, that year was a horrible year. Almost every energy ran out. Every country’s governments were crushed down at the same time. There were riots everywhere. All of the big company’s bosses were killed xdeadx in the riots. Troops fought each other everywhere. Food was bought up xawayx at once. There were no more food supplies in any shops. The economy was all crushed down. All the…See More
Jan 1, 2020
Namwaka Mooto posted blog posts
Jan 13, 2016
T D updated their profile
Sep 3, 2015
Brook Warner posted blog posts
Aug 25, 2015
Santiago Vega posted blog posts
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega commented on Santiago Vega's blog post Act 8
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega posted photos
May 5, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a photo

public servants

The exchange works directly for state and public workers and servants. It gives them credit in exchange for the amount of public work they contribute to the community. The more constructive they are based off a base rate the more credit they recieve.
May 2, 2015

Follow EVOKE on Twitter

Official EVOKE Facebook Page

EVOKE RSS Activity Feed

© 2024   Created by Alchemy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service