Urgent Evoke

A crash course in changing the world.

If you have a general question about the site or gameplay, or if you need help with a technical issue, please post your question here. 

One of Alchemy's assistants will advise you... unless another EVOKE agent comes to your rescue first! 

If you can answer a HELP question, please do so. Alchemy may reward you with some bonus +1s for your Knowledge Share.

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Karen - This should be fixed now. Sorry for the delay & the inconvenience. Cheers - Nathan

Karen L. said:
I am having a major problem with my Evoke acct. My blogs are stuck.

When I'm logged in, my 7 blogs oshow words, no Share function or power up buttons function.

When I'm logged out, I check my own blogs to see how it is, it says I have (7) blogs but does not show I have any at all.

Pls help! Thank you!
Hey Andre - Sorry it took awhile, but this issue should now be fixed & you should be able to log evidence. Sorry for the delay, and thanks for helping other people along the way. Cheers - Nathan

André Boeing said:
Hi Karen

Nathan is out for the weekend and will be back on Monday. Don´t know if there is a "weekend shift" of the core team.

My guess is that you experience problems because of the special character in your name: in your case: the dot in "Karen L." - I have problems related to my "é" in André. Nathan and his crew are working on it.

What puzzles me is, that your problems are Ning platform related (the Blogs) while the bug usually occurs on the Game application written by Nathan and his Crew. Let´s see what he can make of it.

kind regards from Germany
your fellow Agent André
Hi Nathan Andre, and Nathan L. Verrill,

Thanks for your replies. Blogs still stuck. The ones I did before March 20th. Thank you trying though.

Karen
I posted a video that is not related to any missions and so I didn't label it as evidence. However, when I got a notification that someone had commented, I couldn't see the comment. Must I label posts to be able to see the comments?
No you do not have to label evidence to see the comments. Can you send me the link to the video? I'll have a look.

Ezra Ho said:
I posted a video that is not related to any missions and so I didn't label it as evidence. However, when I got a notification that someone had commented, I couldn't see the comment. Must I label posts to be able to see the comments?
This is the video link
http://www.urgentevoke.com/video/kevin-bales-how-to-combat

Nathan L Verrill said:
No you do not have to label evidence to see the comments. Can you send me the link to the video? I'll have a look.

Ezra Ho said:
I posted a video that is not related to any missions and so I didn't label it as evidence. However, when I got a notification that someone had commented, I couldn't see the comment. Must I label posts to be able to see the comments?
Getting credit is too slow...I know you take the time to review things manually, but one of McGonigal's key points about gaming is the immediacy of the feedback you're given.

Right now Evoke is operating in a flawed state. If I post on April 1 regarding a mission, then surely I should have positive or negative feedback by Sunday the 4th.
If you mean getting credit for posts, the credit should be immediate. However, feedback from people depends on when they see your post; if you promote your post or other people find it, it'll get more feedback sooner.

Tim said:
Getting credit is too slow...I know you take the time to review things manually, but one of McGonigal's key points about gaming is the immediacy of the feedback you're given.

Right now Evoke is operating in a flawed state. If I post on April 1 regarding a mission, then surely I should have positive or negative feedback by Sunday the 4th.
I've accepted several missions. Post personal blogs about them. Looged them as evidence and...nothing.

Nathaniel Fruchter said:
If you mean getting credit for posts, the credit should be immediate. However, feedback from people depends on when they see your post; if you promote your post or other people find it, it'll get more feedback sooner.

Tim said:
Getting credit is too slow...I know you take the time to review things manually, but one of McGonigal's key points about gaming is the immediacy of the feedback you're given.

Right now Evoke is operating in a flawed state. If I post on April 1 regarding a mission, then surely I should have positive or negative feedback by Sunday the 4th.
Hi Tim - Everything should be immediate, but clearly there is a bug in the system. We'll investigate and get back to you. Apologies - Nathan

Tim said:
I've accepted several missions. Post personal blogs about them. Looged them as evidence and...nothing.

Nathaniel Fruchter said:
If you mean getting credit for posts, the credit should be immediate. However, feedback from people depends on when they see your post; if you promote your post or other people find it, it'll get more feedback sooner.

Tim said:
Getting credit is too slow...I know you take the time to review things manually, but one of McGonigal's key points about gaming is the immediacy of the feedback you're given.

Right now Evoke is operating in a flawed state. If I post on April 1 regarding a mission, then surely I should have positive or negative feedback by Sunday the 4th.
I just wrote a long essay for Quest 2, Motivation.

Imprudently I did not save it to a master file. Lesson learned.

Now it's gone. When I went to read it on the profile page, I see that it has been truncated! My first paragraph or so was intact, but it just cut off leaving 80% missing.

Is there a space limitation? If so, it certainly doesn't indicate that and

"YOU ARE FIRED UP – FULL OF ENERGY AND PURPOSE. WHY? WHERE ARE YOU GOING TODAY? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHO WILL YOU SEE? WHAT ARE YOU FEELING? USE YOUR IMAGINATION -- AND DESCRIBE IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE THE DAY YOU ARE ABOUT TO HAVE"

seems to encourage a well thought, thorough answer.

I will have to write it again of course... my fault for not saving it elsewhere. But I need to know if this is a technical issue/mistake, or if there is an unspoken letter cap? Thanks for your efforts and attention.
How long was your post? Ning probably has a post size limit, but it's (most likely) rather high.

Joshua Z said:
I just wrote a long essay for Quest 2, Motivation.

Imprudently I did not save it to a master file. Lesson learned.

Now it's gone. When I went to read it on the profile page, I see that it has been truncated! My first paragraph or so was intact, but it just cut off leaving 80% missing.

Is there a space limitation? If so, it certainly doesn't indicate that and

"YOU ARE FIRED UP – FULL OF ENERGY AND PURPOSE. WHY? WHERE ARE YOU GOING TODAY? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHO WILL YOU SEE? WHAT ARE YOU FEELING? USE YOUR IMAGINATION -- AND DESCRIBE IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE THE DAY YOU ARE ABOUT TO HAVE"

seems to encourage a well thought, thorough answer.

I will have to write it again of course... my fault for not saving it elsewhere. But I need to know if this is a technical issue/mistake, or if there is an unspoken letter cap? Thanks for your efforts and attention.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Asger Jon Vistisen posted a blog post

Stinging Nettle

In this blog post I will focus on a plant that is abundant in our nature, and which is immensely nutritious. It's of course the Stinging Nettle. Let's start with the chemical constituents of this plant:37 % Non-Nitrogen-Extracts19 - 29 % Ash9 - 21 % Fiber4 % Fat22 % ProteinOnce the leaves are drid, their protein content can reach an astounding 40 %, which is much higher than beef, which even under the best of circ***tances can never exceed 31 % protein. In addition the Stinging Nettle consists…See More
Apr 13
Jonathon McCallum posted a blog post

The meal

It is 7'oclock, I was late home from work due to an assignment that i wanted to get ahead on. By the time I get home I am feeling extremley tired and I cannot be bothered to make a proper meal. I walk to the fridge and open it to see what there is for me to eat. All of the out of date foodstuffs have been automaticaly thrown away by the fridge, they will be recycled tomorrow as animal feed or something. I see i have organic local eggs and some local cheese. Foods are vacc** sealded for easy…See More
Mar 10
Jean Paul Galea shared a profile on Facebook
Mar 1
Kevin posted a blog post

Future

FutureToday is 2020/1/1. It is just like yesterday. The war is still continuing. It has started since 2010. In 2010, that year was a horrible year. Almost every energy ran out. Every country’s governments were crushed down at the same time. There were riots everywhere. All of the big company’s bosses were killed xdeadx in the riots. Troops fought each other everywhere. Food was bought up xawayx at once. There were no more food supplies in any shops. The economy was all crushed down. All the…See More
Jan 1
Namwaka Mooto posted blog posts
Jan 13, 2016
T D updated their profile
Sep 3, 2015
Brook Warner posted blog posts
Aug 25, 2015
Santiago Vega posted blog posts
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega commented on Santiago Vega's blog post Act 8
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega posted photos
May 5, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a photo

public servants

The exchange works directly for state and public workers and servants. It gives them credit in exchange for the amount of public work they contribute to the community. The more constructive they are based off a base rate the more credit they recieve.
May 2, 2015
Brian Hurley posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Brian Hurley commented on Brian Hurley's blog post ACT: Future of Currency
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a blog post

Where I will be in ten years.

Ten years from now I will be in a political job assisting with people in the midlands of South Carolina particularly the rural working class and farmers. As the class of people that feed the nation I find that it is imperative that we assist with making sure they produce as much food as possible. I would like to support local scientists as well that are leading in research on how to produce food more efficiently. I will also be participating in missions to foreign countries to help people with…See More
May 1, 2015
Jeffrey Smeriglio posted blog posts
Apr 29, 2015

Follow EVOKE on Twitter




Official EVOKE Facebook Page




EVOKE RSS Activity Feed










© 2020   Created by Alchemy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service