Urgent Evoke

A crash course in changing the world.

Project Virtual Evoke - Create an Evoke learning space in Second Life

Project Virtual Evoke - Create an Evoke learning  space  in Second Life  so people from all over the virtual world can interact and learn about Evoke.
Hello people, I like to organize a team to create an Evoke space in Second life for students of all ages to use. 
 If you like to be par tof this project, please put your name next to this project and contact me via my evoke profile page - Kevin DiVico.
I like to stick to the following time table - 
Week One brainstorm what should be in the space.         Week Two - Let loose the Coders and Artists to create the space.
The build should be simple, elegent and informative about Evoke and what it is trying to accomplish.
The reason for the quick time table is that th game runs a finite length of time - May its over.
If you have skills in Coding in Second Life, 3-D assets creation,  creating virtual spaces, or teaching within the Second Life Platform please add your name to this list.
I'll contact the people at Evoke and Linden Labs on this - If anyone has contact with Pathfinder Linden please speak up and help in getting knowledge of this project to him.

With a little bit of help, we can get this done.

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very much like this idea! However, never did figure out Second Life even though I joined at one time. I didn't have the time to devote to it. Maybe I'll try again, when I upgrade my pc so I can actually have some fun in the format instead o waiting for things.
HI Claire,
the graphic intensive nature of Second Life really requires users to have a good video card, decent ram, and decent processor speed. thats the downside, upside is those components are becoming more and more standard on computers.

Namste

Kevin

Claire Moylan said:
Very much like this idea! However, never did figure out Second Life even though I joined at one time. I didn't have the time to devote to it. Maybe I'll try again, when I upgrade my pc so I can actually have some fun in the format instead o waiting for things.
Actually, the minimum requirements for SL aren't that bad. It will run on as little as 800mhz on the processor and 500 megs of RAM. Granted, it would be laggy with hardware like that, but it would function. Check the minimum system requirements here: http://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/

I have land and prims for this kind of project. IM me in world, even if I'm offline I'll get it. My name is Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia.
Hi Kevin, I created a group in Second Life called UrgentEvoke for a conference I want to hold in SL probably just before next season or as the season gets started. I know of spaces I can use for this but not as a permanent one, sims are expensive but perhaps there's funding/grants or Linden applications I'm not aware of if you're interested in long-term or duration of Evoke2. There are a lot of universities that may loan some space if they're not in the middle of cla****. Pathfinder Linden isn't there any more :( I don't know if he was replaced as the educational community go-to.
Hello everyone,

Again my apologies in the delay attending to this project. My role as Caregiver for my mother has expanded into time I normally reserve for work and projects. I am hoping now that a new equilibrium has been established that will allow me to focus on this project and the other commitments i have here at Evoke.

Ill be posting more this afternoon (est may 2 2010)

Namaste

Kevin
HI Buffy

thanks for posting. I am in touch with Claudia over at Linden Labs, she is heading up Education at Linden labs. will post more on this.

Buffy B said:
Hi Kevin, I created a group in Second Life called UrgentEvoke for a conference I want to hold in SL probably just before next season or as the season gets started. I know of spaces I can use for this but not as a permanent one, sims are expensive but perhaps there's funding/grants or Linden applications I'm not aware of if you're interested in long-term or duration of Evoke2. There are a lot of universities that may loan some space if they're not in the middle of cla****. Pathfinder Linden isn't there any more :( I don't know if he was replaced as the educational community go-to.
Great Kevin, I'm trying to set up a way for some of the Agents to virtually attend the conference have a VW maybe (private, not Second Life but uses Second Life client if not I'm sure I can find space in SL for one day), and am getting cost for live streaming. This would fit in nicely once you get your training site set up.

Kevin DiVico said:
HI Buffy

thanks for posting. I am in touch with Claudia over at Linden Labs, she is heading up Education at Linden labs. will post more on this.

Buffy B said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Ning Admin is now a member of Urgent Evoke
May 17, 2023
N updated their profile
Sep 25, 2020
Sophie C. commented on Asger Jon Vistisen's blog post Stinging Nettle
"I love that you've brought this to attention. An extensive database of uncommon but resistant and hardy plants/foods could be developed and organized by climate. Ease of growth and processing should also be taken in to account. I will try to…"
Aug 19, 2020
Meghan Mulvey posted a blog post

Fourth of July on the Lake

This past weekend was the annual celebration at the lake house in Connecticut. It is amazing that the lake is still so clear and beautiful after all these years. The watershed association has done a wonderful job protecting these waters from the damaging effects of development.The wood grill was finally ready to cook on, so we didn't miss the propane tank fueled grill anymore. The food actually tasted fresher than in the past and was easy to keep fueled.Dad was very proud of the solar hybrid…See More
Jul 6, 2020
Asger Jon Vistisen posted a blog post

Stinging Nettle

In this blog post I will focus on a plant that is abundant in our nature, and which is immensely nutritious. It's of course the Stinging Nettle. Let's start with the chemical constituents of this plant:37 % Non-Nitrogen-Extracts19 - 29 % Ash9 - 21 % Fiber4 % Fat22 % ProteinOnce the leaves are drid, their protein content can reach an astounding 40 %, which is much higher than beef, which even under the best of circ**stances can never exceed 31 % protein. In addition the Stinging Nettle consists…See More
Apr 13, 2020
Jonathon McCallum posted a blog post

The meal

It is 7'oclock, I was late home from work due to an assignment that i wanted to get ahead on. By the time I get home I am feeling extremley tired and I cannot be bothered to make a proper meal. I walk to the fridge and open it to see what there is for me to eat. All of the out of date foodstuffs have been automaticaly thrown away by the fridge, they will be recycled tomorrow as animal feed or something. I see i have organic local eggs and some local cheese. Foods are vacc** sealded for easy…See More
Mar 10, 2020
Jean Paul Galea shared a profile on Facebook
Mar 1, 2020
Kevin posted a blog post

Future

FutureToday is 2020/1/1. It is just like yesterday. The war is still continuing. It has started since 2010. In 2010, that year was a horrible year. Almost every energy ran out. Every country’s governments were crushed down at the same time. There were riots everywhere. All of the big company’s bosses were killed xdeadx in the riots. Troops fought each other everywhere. Food was bought up xawayx at once. There were no more food supplies in any shops. The economy was all crushed down. All the…See More
Jan 1, 2020
Namwaka Mooto posted blog posts
Jan 13, 2016
T D updated their profile
Sep 3, 2015
Brook Warner posted blog posts
Aug 25, 2015
Santiago Vega posted blog posts
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega commented on Santiago Vega's blog post Act 8
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega posted photos
May 5, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a photo

public servants

The exchange works directly for state and public workers and servants. It gives them credit in exchange for the amount of public work they contribute to the community. The more constructive they are based off a base rate the more credit they recieve.
May 2, 2015

Follow EVOKE on Twitter

Official EVOKE Facebook Page

EVOKE RSS Activity Feed

© 2024   Created by Alchemy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service