A crash course in changing the world.
I'm the "collaborationist".
Following my enthusiast supports to Unilever Indonesia's CSR team who had led Surabaya getting a cleaner water by now after their successful Surabaya Green and Clean Project, I spread the word everywhere. Writing about them couple of times in this Evoke network is just one small part of those actions.
I was a student journalists during my university years. In 2005, after Unilever Indonesia won the Energy Globe Award 2005, I…Continue
Posted on May 1, 2010 at 3:12pm
I myself is a witness of this amazing evidence of how collaboration of passion make things happen. Surabaya, is a major city in Indonesia. It's 3 million inhabitants produces almost 9,000 m³ garbage per day, 80% of it is transported to a landfill and the remaining 20% are scattered mainly into the river Brantas. Water supply has become a big…Continue
Posted on May 1, 2010 at 2:55pm
April 22nd, 2020
It's a special day. Not only because its a birthday of my son, it is also an Earth Day.
So here we are, camping in Kaliurang highland of Jogjakarta, fully furnished.
Yes, fully furnished because windmill is everywhere in this mountainous area and in our tents we have all modern convenience: laptops on, coffeemaker on, and getting the electricity flow through our tents as easy as plugging in our power cable to power slot…Continue
Posted on April 26, 2010 at 4:30pm
Due to my limited knowledge on sustainable energy, I dont have much to offer as evidence. I believe this is the challenge of sustainable energy: it is not easily available in the market. I do think on alternative electricity source as the cost of my apartment's electricity in Bangkok is expensive, not to mention that its also generating million of GHG if it comes from coal/petroleoum based electric generator.
I imagine myself having my own solar panel installed in the window…Continue
Posted on April 26, 2010 at 4:24pm