A crash course in changing the world.
WHICH great challenges and social problems should the EVOKE Network tackle next?
- I think the themes and social problems are perfectly chosen and aim at the most urgent social problems of our times. Probably the theme of Food security should focus more on the regions in the world where this theme is really big instead of the developed countries where most of the EVOKE agents are from but the problem may not be that urgent at least at the moment. Maybe one could add the theme of…
Posted on July 1, 2012 at 1:10pm
I would gather a crisis reaction team combining the following persons:
- Teachers (especially in rural areas) to inform their students and hand out medical equipment.
- Pharmacy owners to create a robust and efficient medicine supply network
- Facebook employees to spread the news on every single Facebook profile in the relevant country
- TV and Radio station employees to inform the people with helpful information
- Owners of local security services to provide the…
Posted on June 30, 2012 at 5:34pm
Glen Nowak, Chief of Media Relations with the CDC explains the five main challenges to crisis communication:
1. Most scientists believe that news media articles should have the same standards as scientific journals which is of course unrealistic because in the news media headlines and articles have to be eye-catching and thrilling for to attract the attetion of the potential customer.
2. Education is not the only purpose of news reporting. That means a single article can only be…
Posted on June 30, 2012 at 5:05pm
The EVOKE network is a place to gather for people who have the ambition and the vision to work together, share their thoughts and develop great ideas and solutions for the most urgent social problems of our times. The network provides a platform for its members to come together and discuss their ideas, it poses questions about the most urgent social matters in the form of missions where the users shall inform themselves about these matters and then solve a specific problem using a huge…Continue
Posted on June 30, 2012 at 3:28pm