Brainstorming about where this could go:
From where I sit [which I admit is a limited view as I am following about 100 friends at the moment, probably less than `10% of currently registered agents] I see some key streams of conversations developing around which real collaboration might take place:
- a call to support rural communities and individual families around the world to begin to grow some of their own food. [so many conversations about this from my friends that i couldn't choose one ti highlight]
- a call to explore affordable and scalable energy solutions for Africa
- a call to explore cutting edge small-scale agricultural techniques that are more sustainable, including aquaponics, hydroponics, permaculture and others. [also a pervasive conversation right now]
Progress on these ideas is currently being made in the following ways:
- people are providing research and links to more information about techniques to implement the above ideas
- people are helping to brainstorm how these ideas might be implemented.
- people are researching whether existing organizations are doing something similar -- looking for mentors and potential collaborators
The EVOKE Agents currently involved in these streams of conversation each bring different resources and strengths to the table:
- Some of us live in more developed countries and may be able to enlist other influential agents to these projects.
- Some of us have specialized skill sets specifically relevant to one or more of these projects.
- Some of us live in communities that would be ideal to launch pilot projects to explore the power and possibility of these projects.
At the moment, I am wondering if it would be possible to create an on-line EASY TO USE data portal where these projects could continue to be managed at a group level. I know that there are some of us involved in these conversations who see that our contribution might be in facilitating. Facilitating the networking and collaboration that would make these projects possible.
I am starting to see a vision in my head:
A small network of pilot projects in 3 or 4 strategic communities around the world. The pilot projects would not necessarily be identical - but they would have similar goals. The would be supported by a infrastructure that allowed them to communicate with one another and exchange best practices.
The people "on the ground" in the pilot communities would be immersed in the day-to-day effort of launching and running the programs. The network of support facilitators would help manage the infrastructure that allowed these pilot projects to communicate and collaborate on-line *and* continue to get the word out and network about these projects so that other projects, govt agencies, ngos, funders, volunteers could find these projects and join in.
I have started a google doc with these ideas. Feel free to add to it if you are inspired.
I really see my role here as facilitating, synthesizing, helping to develop and discover a structure that can support other people's brilliance and action. I am hoping I can help throwing out these frameworks that people can then build on.