I chose to follow Joseph Kimojino, who is part of the Mara Triangle project in Kenya. He lives on a wildlife preservation in Kenya and this is what the groups goals and achievements are:
- A clamp down on poaching in the Mara Triangle and the surrounding area.
- Improving infrastructure by grading a network of roads within the Triangle, as well as access roads to camps and lodges outside of the Triangle.
- Maintain a network of secondary roads and tracks to improve wildlife viewing.
- Restore existing ranger stations and install renewable energy and water harvesting systems.
- Establish a transparent and modern (IT based) revenue collection systems.
- Strengthen relationships between the Reserve and the surrounding areas by encouraging community projects and reward schemes for co-habiting with wildlife.
- Encourage sound eco-tourism principles among camps and lodges.
I chose to follow him on twitter because he is in wildlife preservation, an area of which I am very interested in. He not only helps the animals out in that area, but he helps benefit the people and the land.