A crash course in changing the world.
I don’t know gaming, and from my last post, you’ll know that I am no longer EVOKING for the game. However, I get a lot from my fellow players and I would like to offer something in return. Something based on my own expertise. Since long distance running isn’t going to help anyone here as far as I can tell, I have my knowledge and experience that I can offer.
On a sidenote, I am NOT an official EVOKE mentor. I do think that given my background and experiences my greater contribution to EVOKE and my fellow agents would be to offer myself as some sort of resource. I can do two things immediately.
1. If you want me to read and comment on a blog post, send me the link. In addition to your post, include a link to someone else's posted evidence that you think deserves points. Please send no more than 1 email to me a week because I have a s*** ton of work I have to do AND be sure to label this "2 Posts for U". At this point, EVOKE is no longer an official duty so I am only EVOKING outside of work. (Thanks to Agent Ayala Sherbow for this great idea!)
2. If you are working on an EVOKATION and would like constructive criticism, insight, assistance, or a kick in the ass to get writing, I can totally do this. After writing two successful grants to fund my dissertation research, and then writing up my research I think I have experience in this field. Again, I do have my regularly scheduled work so I cannot do an immediate turn around, but I will give you feedback. If I suddenly get flooded with requests, be aware that I will work on a first come, first served basis. The earlier you contact me the better for you. I hope that I will not have to turn folks down, but please be aware I might given my time and workload.
Send me an email to let me know you are interested first. In the email, give me a 2-3 sentence description of your EVOKATION idea. This will help me judge just how much help I can be to you. Be aware that if the idea is totally out of my sphere of knowledge, the most I could do is help you be more specific, organize your thoughts, and tighten the writing. If I do know something about the topic, I might be able to help much more.
For the record, I don’t plan on submitting an EVOKATION. It is a really cool opportunity, but I am already funded at this point to set up my participatory environmental monitoring project in Africa this summer.
If you do plan to take me up on the EVOKATION offer I request that you follow the outline Alchemy posted. I will push you, maybe frustrating the hell out of you, to be as specific and concise as possible. I can be a total grammar and spelling nazi if need be – use your spell and grammar check. So many of you have totally awesome ideas and I want you to succeed.
Your Evokation must include the following four essential elements:
1. The Place. Where will you make a difference? Describe the institution, community, town or other geographic or virtual space in which you will focus your efforts.
2. The Challenge. What will you aim to change, and for whom? Highlight what is the need that you perceive and who will benefit from this change.
3. The Idea. Your solution – what is the action, product, service, project, change that you will initiate? Tell us how will your idea will succeed where others have failed.
4. The Money. What would you do with your first US$1,000 given or invested in support of your vision?
© 2023 Created by Alchemy. Powered by
You need to be a member of Urgent Evoke to add comments!
Join Urgent Evoke