A crash course in changing the world.
I've been stove-piping ideas, many from the collaboration thread, on how to best allow us all to cooperate, coordinate, fuse thoughts, etc.. to really get out and do. I think I'm going to start chalking out an NPO that does just that, social innovation think tanking as discussed below but also work on creating a website with a forum and resources we can use to start brainstorming ideas and finding others to work with. I found that most people wanted some type of framework for brainstorming, also networking for teachers so they can engage their students, and then some means to extend beyond just this web site. Well, below is a rough look at the NPO I want to start:
This organization will focus on increasing the public awareness, viability, and efficiency of social innovation projects dedicated to solving the problems of today’s world in order to safeguard tomorrow’s generation. By acting as a platform for enthusiasts and thinkers with a solid plan and desire to initiate change we will provide the tools and fundamentals necessary to jumpstarting their individual projects, gaining exposure, and linking them to experts with relevant experience. Our overall mission will be to promote social innovation, empower individual creativity and capability, and enhance and expand nonprofit organizations and their programs.
· Forum divided by region and interested to allow collaboration to occur and ideas to pool.
· Database allows NPOs to post their links and bios. Also, provide links to similar organizations and groups that focus on social innovation such as Urgent Evoke.
· Hosts community NPO fairs to allow NPOs exposure within their communities through job fair type events at local schools or churches.
· Think tank social innovation component to pan ideas, increase awareness of certain issues, and brainstorm resolutions to current problems worldwide.
· Online web media blog with daily articles on social issues.
· Invites individuals to submit project ideas and blueprints for assistance, advice, or direct sponsorship.
· Work with campuses and schools to encourage students to become active in their communities and to brainstorm their own ideas for change.
So let me know what you guys think, who's interested in helping, ideas, etc.. I'm going to try and get a website up by the end of the week to kind of drive focus on this overall idea.