A crash course in changing the world.
So you want to be a musician or songwriter for The EVOKE Band!!
Musicians! Here are some tips to help ensure that you get in.
1) Tune Up! you can be the best musician in the world but if you're out of tune you will sound horrible.
2) Pick an interesting instrument. More interesting instruments will get in. Bonus points for African instruments!
3) Be RESOURCEFUL!!!!!! You don't need an expensive instrument to get in. If you're doing percussion try using boxes and pans and cups. Being resourceful is more important than having a thousand dollar kit.
4) Blend into the song. Don't do something that doesn't fit in with the mood of the song.
5) Focus your video on getting the best sound quality possible. If you have good equipment, use it. Good sound quality isn't everything, but if it sounds horrible I can't accept it.
6) Stage presence can help. This is one of those things that can help push you over the edge. If you look good doing it... it might just get into the final video.
7) ONE TAKE! please make your video's one take. It makes editing a lot easier.
Songwriters! here are some tips to help you.
First things first. Songwriters, you are the meat and cheese of this operation. We need talented songwriters to create templates for the other musicians and singers to get in on.
1) remember this is a collaboration. You can have more than one person in your video, but I don't want a complete song that doesn't require any collaboration. This is The EVOKE Band, meaning we need other agents of EVOKE in on it.
2) Play to a metronome. this will help others follow you.
3) allow room for people to add their own solos to it. Adding instrumental sections helps this.
4) If you're writing lyrics make sure you read the post about lyricists.
5) I'll try not to discriminate against certain genres but I'm pretty bias toward indie rock. :P That's just so you know. But if it's good and other people really like it and want to help you out. We'll take it!
6) Once you create a song structure, record it and send it to me, I'll review it and tell you anything that can be improved or I'll tell you it's awesome and will make a post saying that this is another song we will be working on.
7) make sure you give enough time at the beginning of your video for people to hit play and record.
Now that you know these things read "How to make a video for The EVOKE Band"