A crash course in changing the world.
I touch many lives in real life, and hope to exponentially increase my ability to assist and inspire through online outreach and face to face counciling. I know that I can be an effective counsellor/trainer to help those who are abused, and to help stop the cycle of violence in Amarillo and the surrounding areas. I have an area of influence that is large. I have helped thousands of people get better lives by helping them with personal issues such as mental illness, physical handicap, lack of schooling, social issues and acquire new careers as well. I have done this for the past 15 years. I have helped many people with abusive issues and I would serve better if I took training in this area.
Family Violence, which is a 501 (c) (3) headquartered in Austin, Texas.
For a complete list of sites in Texas, please reference my darksite here:
Battering Intervention and Prevention Programs (BIPPs) consist of groups for family violence offenders, in which offenders are held accountable for
past abusive behavior and taught the fundamentals of leading a
nonviolent lifestyle. Although BIPPS work directly with offenders, the
underlying goal of these programs is to enhance the safety of battered
women and their children.
Currently there are 27 BIPPs in Texas. These BIPPs must adhere to the state standards which have been established as best practices. (NOTE: these
standards are called Guidelines, but, in fact, they are not optional. I have listed these guidelines on my darksite.)
Training Topics Approved
Family violence training that includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Dynamics of family violence including the history of the movement;
2. Battering is intentional behavior aimed at achieving and maintaining dominance within a
3. Characteristics of batterers and their behavior;
4. Victim safety, safety planning and risk a****sment for victims;
5. Effects of violence on the victim, children and the community at large;
6. Texas family violence laws and state reporting laws; and
7. Protective orders and other legal information.
Battering intervention training that includes but is not limited to the following:
1. Review of TDCJ-CJAD BIPP guidelines;
2. Cultural competency as a BIPP facilitator;
3. Batterer accountability;
4. Victim/partner contact;
5. A****sment and individual plans including risk a****sment and
6. Inappropriate interventions for batterers and other facilitator concerns;
7. Group facilitation of batterers;
8. A****sing and reporting change of the batterer to the referral source;
9. Ethics for BIPP facilitators; and
10. Family violence prevention as a social justice issue.
If I am able to accomplish my evocation goals and train as a BIPP volunteer, I would be working in Amarillo and the surrounding panhandle with the
Texas Council on Family Violence
They could help me realize my dream of helping women and children learn how to avoid abuse. They have an online battering intervention and
I would also be working with many women’s shelters if my project is picked. For complete listing, background and contact
information, please refer to http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=25&uid=104495989597198#!/pages/Battering-Intervention-and-Prevention-Programs-BIPP/104495989597198
And I plan to contribute to existing websites, such as EMERGE, to help keep their information complete and up to date. I have such sites on my darksite
Thank you very much for your time and consideration of my Evokation. I feel that I will succeed in this area because I have been helping people
all of my life. It is my life's work to help people have a better quality of life.
Grace and Peace
Sunny Du Pree
my personal information in the body of my Evokation email.
© 2023 Created by Alchemy. Powered by
I am amazed that you are so dedicated to your cause
grace and peace be with you too shannon