Develop a free, open, collaborative social storytelling platform framework with integrated game mechanics and design a process for social innovation initiatives that enables them to apply the solution in their regional outreach channels
is the draft design challenge that came out of a weekly quest in prototyping, developing, playing with ideas and trying to present my findings as best as I could in the busy exploration + English not being my mother tongue.
I recommend a quick hyperjump to http://www.ssmocs.org for a first presentation. You also find a comic there and a collaboration lab for the agency (Evoke Guild) that might cooperate further on the idea.
Open Source platform + Social Interface Design + Game Design, Objects & Mechanics + a creative process for regional initiatives
A possible need that I fantasized about:
An Offline/Online Game- & Storytelling platform to support our regional social innovation project and engage our neighbors in a playful social action adventure
Questions that came up in the process:
- Are you on a mission with a local social innovation project and/or learning adventure ?
- You would love to support & boost your project with a custom Social Media platform for a small, intimate, regional Online Community... with it´s own look and feel... reflecting your local story ?
- Besides a collection of open-source cross-media publishing apps you want to spice your community with Game Objects and make it more playful ?- Game Objects like a quest and mission system, player experience points, achievements, rewards, contests, leaderboards, etc. ?
- You would also like to extend the games into the regional Realworld ?
- You need a supporting web of resources, tools, donors and coaches to learn all about finding and telling your story in the language of cross media - and how to operate the platform ?
- Equipped with a social platform framework, game objects, knowledge and support you´d like to begin telling your local adventure story and invite players to join the epic quest ?
There are plenty of Open Source building blocks for the platform part which I will introduce next week. It seems to me though, that it needs more than just a fancy platform. A creative process design for regional initiatives that enables them to tell an engaging story about the social issues they address.
@ http://www.ssmocs.org I designed and collected for a weekly and I am sure the chaotic fragments there will come together over time.
I am tired and exhausted - happy having learned a lot and ready to take a couple days off and be back on Monday.
I am happy for any feedback in any direction......