"Why do We Want to be Sustainable?
As a sustainable community, Rockville residents will enjoy a variety of benefits including:
· Residents and businesses pay no more for energy than necessary. This will become
increasingly important as the price of heating, cooling, electricity and fuel continues to climb
during the next decade.
· New investments in technology and process efficiencies create more jobs and sales revenues
for area green merchants.
· The City will continue to enjoy an adequate supply of pure drinking water.
· A variety of transit options ease resident commuter congestion.
· Rockville streets, parks and waterways are trash-free and attractive to residents and visitors.
· Residents are paying no more than necessary for solid waste disposal.
· Recycled products and materials are less expensive as the volume of recycled materials rises.
· The air and water will be nearly free of toxic pollutants.
· The City’s potential regulatory liability for environmental violations will be reduced if not
I'm a big believe in presenting the Why, especially after hearing Simon Sinek's inspirational TED Talk
- I also like that they designed a logo to promote the cause.