Questions for our gardening project
- What's good to grow in Flushing, Queens?
- How deep does the soil need to be? How deep is our plot of land?
- How long does each item that we want to plant take to grow?
- How do we control pests?
- What tools do we need? Who can we get them from and where?
Possible sources for answers
We can interview or do research with or at:
- Parents and relatives who have or have had gardens.
- Neighbors or friends who have gardens.
- The people who seem to mainly speak Korean in the "Korean Gardens."
- The Internet -- and on http://www.urgentevoke.com (Perhaps we can get a gardening mentor there)
- The Queens Library - books and other resources.