...to enable everyone who wants to grow and learn to grow food to do so inexpensively and quickly. Wait lists in the US for community garden plots are years long.
The average age of US farmers is 50. It is a dying population.
We need to relearn and learn wise sustainable localized systems fast because we are running out of two things that make current levels of food production possible.
- skilled farmers
- cheap oil
We hook up
The site is free.
- people who need space to grow
- people who need help with their garden
- people who want to farm the burbs with people who are willing to allow their yards to become part of serial CSAs
- apartment dwellers
- neighbors who want to share extra produce or start composting together
- people who want to trade plants and share seeds locally
- people who want to save money on food AND gardening...
I've posted two videos as well