A lot of times i think people forget what money really is, it is a
agreement between two people one who buys x and the other who gives x.
money just happens to be the most made easy way to transfer something
(although a lot of people seem to think that they should trade money for
time if they only knew.)
a lot of people in the USA use to trade there time for money although
now there is a counter group that believes that that is not only dumb
but very dangers to just work for money. one of those people Tim ferriss
book 4 hour work week.
in the book he talks about how most people are getting more toys but are
not really using them instead they just sit somewhere's and these
people then move on to the next martial possessions.
Join Tim Ferriss, popular guest lecturer in entrepreneurship at Princeton University, as he teaches you:
- How to outsource your life and do whatever you want for a year, only to return to a bank account 50% larger than before you left
- How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting
- How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles
of little-known European economists
- How to train your boss to value performance over presence, or kill
your job (or company) if it's beyond repair
- How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent
- What automated cash-flow "muses" are and how to create one in 2-4
- How to cultivate selective ignorance—and create time—with a
- Management secrets of Remote Control CEOs
- The crucial difference between absolute and relative income
- How to get free housing worldwide and airfare at 50-80% off
- How to fill the void and creating meaning after removing work and
The 4-Hour Workweek also includes the sample e-mails, voicemails, and real-life deals (with dollar figures and all) you will need to
master the new world of luxury lifestyle design.
Now you might be asking what this has to do with the name of the post or for that matter the future of money. it is funny you should ask because tim talks about that as well living in say Tibet while playing for things in EU currency.
which ties in nicely with a current evoke mission in fact look at the comic if you noticed all of the secret evokes are using tools and tech that can be started on site. So M-pesa Customers can deposit and withdraw money from a network of agents that
includes airtime resellers and retail outlets acting as banking
But that not all my parents grow food at anyone time they can go and take say a ear of corn to Krogers and talk to the manager and use that too trade, get paid for natural food same for any fast food place and do the same.
but lets look even beyond that lets start something different or even new, QQ coins in china are a good example of this http://www.portfolio.com/views/columns/dual-perspectives/2009/04/13...
. The novelty of QQ coins and minutes is that they are a form of cash
designed to be stored in cell phones instead of wallets.
Now in both of these examples someone bought a piece of virtual property and guess what they now make money. doing that for something that does not even exist just like are money did not exist until we make the evoke money.
here is a post about how to monetize social traffic http://www.insidefacebook.com/2008/11/25/10-tips-for-monetizing-soc...
that about it i kind of got carried away but i have been thinking about this for awhile now