Urgent Evoke

A crash course in changing the world.

Is Eureka your favorite EVOKE character?

Did you love all the fabbing in Episode 4?

Do you dream of spending time in a hackerspace?

Do you love tinkering around, making things, putting things together?

Do you consider yourself any type of Maker?

Yes? Well, then you probably would want to join the EVOKE Maker's guild! The Maker's Guild is a network for everyone in EVOKE who loves to create and make things and use these things to change the world. In the guild, makers can communicate and collaborate to do what they love and to improve the world. 

The Wiki can be found Here. If you are interested, check out the section on joining the guild in the front page, follow the directions, write up a short and simple application, and be sure to link to it from the List of Pending Applications!

Any questions or suggestions are welcome. Post here or message me!

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome, I look forward to hearing from you.

a.v.koshy said:
no suggestions yet , later definitely ... about farm punk and several other things
I am, as I am with so many things, on the edge of Makerhood. I love to make things, but I'm far more interested in making things without electronics. I love simple machines! But I appreciate those who are electronics folks, as my most awesome Grampie Cronburg, who trashpicked a fancy pong video game console and fixed it up for me back in the 70s, was the old school type Maker.
I'm definitely a maker: I'm fixed with making low-tech and high-tech, hardware and software, green and sustainable stuff...
I'll wait to sign up, just because I realized I can't join too many projects at a time and seriously follow them all. But please keep me updated.

P.S.
Didn't we say the wiki was moved here?
I moved your page's backup (at that time) here, also.
Please let me know if you expressly chose not to migrate for any reason. Other contents are being added on the new one, and we seriously risk to have the EVOKE wiki splitted in two.
@ Turil: Doing stuff with electronics has nothing to do with whether or not you're a maker. I personally don't really enjoy working with electronics and I'm not very good at it. The really cool geodesic dome you made is a great example of making things without any need for electronics.

@MoE: I created the Guild wiki separately from the EVOKE wiki. Not knowing a better site, I used Wikia. However, the advertisements are kind of annoying, so if you know a better site I could use that is still separate from the Urgent EVOKE wiki, that would be great.
Sorry, I didn't get it at first.
Unfortunately, I've no direct experience with any ad-free wiki service. Apparently, Wetpaint was offering that for educators, but now it doesn't anymore.That's why I proposed, in the end, to create one from scratch and hosted it on my webspace.
You might have a look at wikidot. They say they're ad-free, and their service seems to be free with limited, yet acceptable, features.
But I can't ensure it is a good service, I just found it by googling. Anyway, it worths to have a look and maybe google about its reputation.
I hope this was of some help, and sorry for misunderstanding.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Namwaka Mooto posted blog posts
Jan 13, 2016
T D updated their profile
Sep 3, 2015
Brook Warner posted blog posts
Aug 25, 2015
Santiago Vega posted blog posts
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega commented on Santiago Vega's blog post Act 8
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega posted photos
May 5, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a photo

public servants

The exchange works directly for state and public workers and servants. It gives them credit in exchange for the amount of public work they contribute to the community. The more constructive they are based off a base rate the more credit they recieve.
May 2, 2015
Brian Hurley posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Brian Hurley commented on Brian Hurley's blog post ACT: Future of Currency
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a blog post

Where I will be in ten years.

Ten years from now I will be in a political job assisting with people in the midlands of South Carolina particularly the rural working class and farmers. As the class of people that feed the nation I find that it is imperative that we assist with making sure they produce as much food as possible. I would like to support local scientists as well that are leading in research on how to produce food more efficiently. I will also be participating in missions to foreign countries to help people with…See More
May 1, 2015
Jeffrey Smeriglio posted blog posts
Apr 29, 2015
Benjamin John Heckman posted a blog post

Changes to Charleston

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zQ49AvLkhA2w.kfbaOGer-lQYIf you click my link to my custom map using Google My Maps you will see the addition of a Emergency Shelter to be used in case of a tidal wave or other event from the sea. Included are new emergency routes on what will be an expanded highway to allow traffic to flow in the event of an emergency.See More
Apr 29, 2015
michael Holland posted photos
Apr 28, 2015
Harrison Dixon posted blog posts
Apr 28, 2015
Harrison Dixon posted a photo

India Water home

The secret was living on the water via boats common in many developing countries like Myanmar. This is a real Indian boat home made of wood and this provides a shelter for many peoples around the world.
Apr 28, 2015

Follow EVOKE on Twitter

Official EVOKE Facebook Page

EVOKE RSS Activity Feed

© 2019   Created by Alchemy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service