Urgent Evoke

A crash course in changing the world.

As I've seen a lot of people wondering about other EVOKE agents in their area, would anyone be interested in an EVOKE agent map where agents can go add their locations and a little note?

I've got something that I can repurpose perfectly for this.

EDIT: And here it is: http://redct.info/evoke_map

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm realizing now, that somebody already did what I was thinking since a week and still didn't manage to actualize. Thanks for that work.

Actually what I had in my mind was a slightly different solution, as I was looking for a way to get an automatic update directly from EVOKE's engine, without asking agents to re-sign up. Yesterday I was looking around for APIs which could make it possible, but I'm a noob with Ning and I couldn't figure out any realistic solution.

I read here that you're a developer of EVOKE tools, then I would ask: is there any chance to query for agents' main info and location, to be fed via XML or something similar? This way, locations could be shown in realtime; in addition, those infos would be mashable and that would be very useful to develop new mission tools.

Personally, I'm preparing maps as well for a couple of missions I proposed on my blog (here and here). I'd be happy to have some help or just feedbacks, given my average-low scripting skills.
You need to update your apache configuration to add index.php to the list of index pages :-D
Weird, not sure why that un-configured itself.

Joseph Nadler said:
You need to update your apache configuration to add index.php to the list of index pages :-D
The agent map (http://evoke.redct.info/evoke_map/) now has all 9700+ agents added directly from the Ning database. Unfortunately, there's no real way to query as the user DB dump has to be gotten from an account on the network with admin status. Plus, after that, the data needs geocoding and some reformatting to work with the map.

Stefano Cieri said:
I'm realizing now, that somebody already did what I was thinking since a week and still didn't manage to actualize. Thanks for that work.

Actually what I had in my mind was a slightly different solution, as I was looking for a way to get an automatic update directly from EVOKE's engine, without asking agents to re-sign up. Yesterday I was looking around for APIs which could make it possible, but I'm a noob with Ning and I couldn't figure out any realistic solution.

I read here that you're a developer of EVOKE tools, then I would ask: is there any chance to query for agents' main info and location, to be fed via XML or something similar? This way, locations could be shown in realtime; in addition, those infos would be mashable and that would be very useful to develop new mission tools.

Personally, I'm preparing maps as well for a couple of missions I proposed on my blog (here and here). I'd be happy to have some help or just feedbacks, given my average-low scripting skills.
This is very nice! Thank you Nathaniel.

I noted there're multiple entries for a same user, maybe the user name and/or location should be checked before placing a new marker. But it is really a minor issue.
Again, for mashing-up purposes, I would ask if it is possible to export periodically an XML from the database, so that it would be accessible to other developers. It could be automatically done just by attaching the script to some recurring function.
If you're too busy for it, just let me know the name of the fields where main user infos are stored, and I'll write a basic XML exporter (would PHP be ok?). In this case you should just complete the script with database name, user and pwd (I know I can't ask you those), tables' name, and the path to save the xml.

Please let me know if you think it might be feasible; it would be very useful to me, for a couple of "missions" I'm working on and, generally, for further developments.

Thanks again
The main problem is there's no database to access; you have to do it manually from the Ning backend. I would let you have access to an automated feed of that export, but it has emails and so on, so I'm not really comfortable letting that loose.

Stefano Cieri said:
This is very nice! Thank you Nathaniel.

I noted there're multiple entries for a same user, maybe the user name and/or location should be checked before placing a new marker. But it is really a minor issue.
Again, for mashing-up purposes, I would ask if it is possible to export periodically an XML from the database, so that it would be accessible to other developers. It could be automatically done just by attaching the script to some recurring function.
If you're too busy for it, just let me know the name of the fields where main user infos are stored, and I'll write a basic XML exporter (would PHP be ok?). In this case you should just complete the script with database name, user and pwd (I know I can't ask you those), tables' name, and the path to save the xml.

Please let me know if you think it might be feasible; it would be very useful to me, for a couple of "missions" I'm working on and, generally, for further developments.

Thanks again
This is really cool.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Kevin posted a blog post

Future

FutureToday is 2020/1/1. It is just like yesterday. The war is still continuing. It has started since 2010. In 2010, that year was a horrible year. Almost every energy ran out. Every country’s governments were crushed down at the same time. There were riots everywhere. All of the big company’s bosses were killed xdeadx in the riots. Troops fought each other everywhere. Food was bought up xawayx at once. There were no more food supplies in any shops. The economy was all crushed down. All the…See More
Jan 1
Namwaka Mooto posted blog posts
Jan 13, 2016
T D updated their profile
Sep 3, 2015
Brook Warner posted blog posts
Aug 25, 2015
Santiago Vega posted blog posts
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega commented on Santiago Vega's blog post Act 8
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega posted photos
May 5, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a photo

public servants

The exchange works directly for state and public workers and servants. It gives them credit in exchange for the amount of public work they contribute to the community. The more constructive they are based off a base rate the more credit they recieve.
May 2, 2015
Brian Hurley posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Brian Hurley commented on Brian Hurley's blog post ACT: Future of Currency
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a blog post

Where I will be in ten years.

Ten years from now I will be in a political job assisting with people in the midlands of South Carolina particularly the rural working class and farmers. As the class of people that feed the nation I find that it is imperative that we assist with making sure they produce as much food as possible. I would like to support local scientists as well that are leading in research on how to produce food more efficiently. I will also be participating in missions to foreign countries to help people with…See More
May 1, 2015
Jeffrey Smeriglio posted blog posts
Apr 29, 2015
Benjamin John Heckman posted a blog post

Changes to Charleston

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zQ49AvLkhA2w.kfbaOGer-lQYIf you click my link to my custom map using Google My Maps you will see the addition of a Emergency Shelter to be used in case of a tidal wave or other event from the sea. Included are new emergency routes on what will be an expanded highway to allow traffic to flow in the event of an emergency.See More
Apr 29, 2015
michael Holland posted photos
Apr 28, 2015
Harrison Dixon posted blog posts
Apr 28, 2015

Follow EVOKE on Twitter




Official EVOKE Facebook Page




EVOKE RSS Activity Feed










© 2020   Created by Alchemy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service