A crash course in changing the world.
You blog. I blog. We all blog.
Who has it down pat? Well no-one actually.
Some blogs are just better than others.
Recently - well of course recently seeing as my grand time as an Evoke member does not even total 48 hours - I have been reading a great many blogs by all of you. You never fail to amaze me. However, I find myself in despair over well. . . the sensitive topic of how to write a blog. Or anything really.
Will anyone read anything that you or I writes? Or shall our work dissappear into cyberspace, destined to be lost forever? Only one thing determins that. Your writing style.
I am not saying my blogs are any better than yours. In fact my blogs probably aren't.
But it gets to me when I see a blog with an amazingly interesting topic; but I just cannot get into it. So I have decided to list some things to look out for for any future blogging.
1. Title. Blogs called 'No Title' just do not grab attention. Give yours a title - that way people will get some sort of idea about what the content is. There could potentially be millions of people out there who are interested in your ideas but miss them because your blog doesn't stand out.
2. We are not all rocket scientists. You need to make sure people know what you are talking about. Not everyone that is reading your blog will know all the special terms. Make sure your blog is therefore noob-friendly.
3. However, we are not babies either. Make sure you are in no way patronising. It's just rude and can become amazingly tiresome.
4. Not everyone has the time or energy to read ten thousand words about a single topic. The size has to be reasonable. Talk to lond and the audience loses interest, or is just unwilling to read further.
5. Too short means not enough information. Make sure your article is not amazingly short; one still needs information and, space to express ideas and opinions.
6. Make sure your blogs are clear. User-friendly. I often have trouble reading when the font size (and underlining, bolds and italics) change every sentence or two. People should not have to read everything twice.
7. Good luck. ily all.
So yeah, thanks for listening. Good luck and have fun blogging ^^