- WHICH great challenges and social problems should the Network tackle next?
These are the problems which I think should be tackled next:
1. environmental crisis
3. problems of asylum-seekers
4. youth criminality
5. alcoholism, drogue abuse
6. educational differences coming from the income of the parents
7. psychological illnesses
9. condition of employment
10. migration problems
1. Like we all have seen environmental crisis can cause a lot of misery. To mention only the recently happened disasters: the tsunami in Japan which has led to a nuclear catastrophe or the oil spill caused by BP. I think crisis like this should be tackled next. Hopefully EVOKE can find a solution how to avoid those catastrophes or how those problems can be handled in a better way.
2. The next important point in my opinion is terrorism. Osama Bin Laden is dead but this will not be the end of terrorism. It can happen everywhere and at any time. What can we do to change the minds of terrorists? What can we do to avoid terroristic attacks?
3. A problem which Italy has at the moment is the high numbers of asylum-seekers which come from Libyan. But this is not a problem which occurs only at the moment. In Germany there are many people who want to stay here but their application for asylum is refused. Sometimes their only way out is to go back to their home county where they are not welcome anymore.
4. The following problem more and more affects Germany: The youth criminality. Lately an old man was beaten in the metro. Attacks like that are increasing in Germany.
5. Nevertheless a huge problem all over the world is alcoholism and drogue abuse. This is a serious issue. The children of the alcoholic are affected, too. In South America many kids are living in the streets and do not have any money. Their parents are ill or already died because of alcoholism or drogue abuse. They are poor and desperate. Without any help they will end up the same as their parents. EVOKE would be a good chance for those children that their problems could be solved.
6. The following problem is coming from Germany, too. There are the differences in education depending on the income of the parents. When this problem can be solved I think some other problems like the youth criminality would be reduced, too.
7. The next problem which should be tackled is the augmentation of psychological diseases. To mention only a few: the burnouts, anorexia, addiction in general and depression.
8. The following issue is coming from South America. Some countries over there are not safe. This is not only the fault of some criminals. Some policemen are also corrupt. You can offer them some money and they do everything you want. In such countries it is always dangerous and you cannot trust the police.
9. A serious problem is also the employment conditions in poorer countries. Child labor is normal and employees often have to work under unhealthy circ***tances. I once read a story about workers who had to dig in radioactive contaminated areas. They did not know anything about it and a few years later they became ill. The hospital near their hometown was influenced by the company which they worked for. They had cancer but instead they told them that it was nothing. Hopefully a story like that does not happen again.
10. The last problem which should be tackled is the migration problem. When people go to other countries they do not know the language and they often feel lost. Perhaps EVOKE will find a solution that people feel more comfortable in their new home.
- WHERE in the world should the network try to build up new EVOKE communities?
I think the EVOKE community should not be reduced to one place. People all over the world have great ideas. Every country has social problems even rich countries like Germany. I would try to build up communities wherever it is possible.
- WHO would you encourage to play Season 2?
I would encourage mainly the youth to play Season 2. They are often affected by social problems. Sometimes it is obvious like in Africa or South America (child poverty, child labor) sometimes they do not know yet. The young generation will face the consequences of the today’s action. They will, for instance, bear the consequences for environmental pollution. By participating in the EVOKE game they learn how they can contribute to safe our environment or they can make good suggestions how the world can be a better place to live.
To reach the young generation I would ask schools and universities to participate in this game like it was done at our university.
- HOW would you change the game for Season 2?
I would create a version for children. They are often very creative and have good ideas.
The next suggestion is that EVOKE uses short trailers for the missions. Like that the game will get even more exciting.
To get in touch with other agents I would create a mission in which you have to write to an agent from another country. You should tell him about the most urgent problems in your country and he will tell you his problems. This would be a good opportunity to get to know someone from a total different country.
- WHAT new tools would you want as an EVOKE agent?
I would create an app for the smart phones, an opportunity to chat and I would include some games in the missions in which you can earn powers and learn something at the same time.
- WHY would you come back for a second Season? What more would you want from the experience?
By playing this game I had the feeling to help the world and not to do something worthless. You do not have to donate something if you do not want to and you do not have to do something which is impossible for you. You only have to share knowledge and use your imagination or if you want you can act, too. What you want to do is your own choice.
Moreover I learned a lot about the world which I did not know before. It was a good alternative to my studies in business administration. We mainly learn how to invest money or how to spend money .We never look at social aspects which I think is very important for your own personality.