A crash course in changing the world.
Ok. Ten years have passed since the day I was put in charge of planning Water Day Celebretion for 2020.
Through all those years I've been learning a lot about the water crisis that the world used to have. Now, thanks to social innovators, and the people that supported them, we have solutions to the water problem.
Africa, Latinamerica an South Asia now have a growing rate of access to clean and safe water. Everyday more and more people in those regions have a better quality of life and that's a very good reason to celebrate.
So, here's the plan for Water Day 2020.
1. Turn blue the lights of world monuments (Mount Rushmore, Sindney Opera House, Eiffel Tower, among others) for a h*** week.
2. Pick some iconic city buildings and cover then in a blue sheet
3. Organize a funding concert with popular bands, where all the money is going to be used to solve the water problem.
4. We will ask artist to express thier feelings abot water and help the winners share that vision
5. Make a parade, where people is going to be wearing blue clothes and from the start to the end, people will simulate a river flow. Also all the cars in the parade will focus on water: life, style, anything abou water.
6. And finally we are gonna ask people to do something for the water and then show it to thw world: we want them to told a story about water. We will start a campaing with youtube for them to make it happen and to transimit the concert and the parades.
This event (blue lights, blue sheets, concerts and parade) is going to be replicated in several cities around the world, knowing that water is their most precious resource.