Urgent Evoke

A crash course in changing the world.

Official HELP Forum: EVOKE agents to the rescue!

If you have a general question about the site or gameplay, or if you need help with a technical issue, please post your question here. 

One of Alchemy's assistants will advise you... unless another EVOKE agent comes to your rescue first! 

If you can answer a HELP question, please do so. Alchemy may reward you with some bonus +1s for your Knowledge Share.

Views: 675

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had given my evidence to 2 objectives before accepted them. Will it work?
Hi Vyacheslav! Yes, this should not be a problem. If it appears that there is an issue, post it in this forum and we'll address it.

Vyacheslav Khyzhnyak said:
I had given my evidence to 2 objectives before accepted them. Will it work?
Sorry, I put the post below on the general discussion board, but meant to have it here.

"Hi. This looks great! Thanks for the time and effort. I have my school looking at doing this with our grade 8-10? students, but need to know what security concerns their might be. Can you elablorate on that for us? Thanks."

Clearly, using a "Ning" platform there will need to be instruction regarding what information students volunteer, but are there guidelines on contact information, inappropriate language, cyberbullying, etc.? Is there staffing time given to moderating...advice on how to use this resource with schools...evaluating responses, etc. A response to these questions and anything else that would be pertinent would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Question: I'm unsure how to assign different pieces of evidence to different objectives. I used the tags "act1" and "learn1" on my blog posts, thinking that would tie them to the correct objectives, but I didn't get +1 courage for the "learn1" post; I got +1 knowledge share for both. I did accidentally publish the post before I added the "learn1" tag, though. Is this the right way to do it? Did I miss some instructions? Thanks for helping!
I'm having the same issue, I have published for all 3 objectives, but none of them have turned green to signify completion...

ninmah said:
Question: I'm unsure how to assign different pieces of evidence to different objectives. I used the tags "act1" and "learn1" on my blog posts, thinking that would tie them to the correct objectives, but I didn't get +1 courage for the "learn1" post; I got +1 knowledge share for both. I did accidentally publish the post before I added the "learn1" tag, though. Is this the right way to do it? Did I miss some instructions? Thanks for helping!
Hi Everyone - All evidence is personally reviewed before lighting up the objective runes. Your appreciate your patience!

Huw: Not sure about the WMV issue. Maybe you can upload it to YouTube or Hulu and then embed the code on our site.
Hi!

The tagging helps us (and players) find/organize content. Everything is manually reviewed and then marked complete.

Nathan

ninmah said:
When do we need to have all missions and objectives completed? I want to make sure I don't miss any!
Thank you for the clarification! Patience is no problem :-)

Nathan Verrill said:
Hi!

The tagging helps us (and players) find/organize content. Everything is manually reviewed and then marked complete.

Nathan

ninmah said:
Anne - a new mission will be available each week, but missions don't "expire" until the game ends in May, so theoretically you've got two months to complete them 'on time' (though I doubt there will be anything stopping you from continuing even after that!)

Anne Hilton said:
When do we need to have all missions and objectives completed? I want to make sure I don't miss any!
As one of the developers and as one of Alchemy's assistants, I can hopefully give you a satisfactory answer. Disclosure: I'm a high schooler myself (10th grade), but I'll try not to let that impact my answers.

Security concerns: Ning is as safe and secure as any platform online. In the case of EVOKE, it's even more secure because of our team of admins and game runners, constantly combing through and approving evidence and participating in the community. I wouldn't have any worries of cyberbullying here—every single shred of participation I've run into over the past 12 hours has fully demonstrated the fact that everyone here, no matter the age, is quite adult and helpful in their mindset. If you have any complaints, at all, a click of the report button or a message will take care of that and all the game runners will get automated emails from Ning.

As for integrating this into your curriculum and resources for school, I'm not the person for that. I'd contact the community as a wh***—there are very many smart people here—as well as some of the lead developers. They're already working with schools around the world and the EVOKE network will gladly welcome your students' presence.

Happy EVOKING and best of luck with your endeavors.

Gordon Holden said:
Sorry, I put the post below on the general discussion board, but meant to have it here.

"Hi. This looks great! Thanks for the time and effort. I have my school looking at doing this with our grade 8-10? students, but need to know what security concerns their might be. Can you elablorate on that for us? Thanks."

Clearly, using a "Ning" platform there will need to be instruction regarding what information students volunteer, but are there guidelines on contact information, inappropriate language, cyberbullying, etc.? Is there staffing time given to moderating...advice on how to use this resource with schools...evaluating responses, etc. A response to these questions and anything else that would be pertinent would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi, how can I search for people that I know in order to Friend them? They joined on their own without my sending them an invite.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

Ning Admin is now a member of Urgent Evoke
May 17, 2023
N updated their profile
Sep 25, 2020
Sophie C. commented on Asger Jon Vistisen's blog post Stinging Nettle
"I love that you've brought this to attention. An extensive database of uncommon but resistant and hardy plants/foods could be developed and organized by climate. Ease of growth and processing should also be taken in to account. I will try to…"
Aug 19, 2020
Meghan Mulvey posted a blog post

Fourth of July on the Lake

This past weekend was the annual celebration at the lake house in Connecticut. It is amazing that the lake is still so clear and beautiful after all these years. The watershed association has done a wonderful job protecting these waters from the damaging effects of development.The wood grill was finally ready to cook on, so we didn't miss the propane tank fueled grill anymore. The food actually tasted fresher than in the past and was easy to keep fueled.Dad was very proud of the solar hybrid…See More
Jul 6, 2020
Asger Jon Vistisen posted a blog post

Stinging Nettle

In this blog post I will focus on a plant that is abundant in our nature, and which is immensely nutritious. It's of course the Stinging Nettle. Let's start with the chemical constituents of this plant:37 % Non-Nitrogen-Extracts19 - 29 % Ash9 - 21 % Fiber4 % Fat22 % ProteinOnce the leaves are drid, their protein content can reach an astounding 40 %, which is much higher than beef, which even under the best of circ**stances can never exceed 31 % protein. In addition the Stinging Nettle consists…See More
Apr 13, 2020
Jonathon McCallum posted a blog post

The meal

It is 7'oclock, I was late home from work due to an assignment that i wanted to get ahead on. By the time I get home I am feeling extremley tired and I cannot be bothered to make a proper meal. I walk to the fridge and open it to see what there is for me to eat. All of the out of date foodstuffs have been automaticaly thrown away by the fridge, they will be recycled tomorrow as animal feed or something. I see i have organic local eggs and some local cheese. Foods are vacc** sealded for easy…See More
Mar 10, 2020
Jean Paul Galea shared a profile on Facebook
Mar 1, 2020
Kevin posted a blog post

Future

FutureToday is 2020/1/1. It is just like yesterday. The war is still continuing. It has started since 2010. In 2010, that year was a horrible year. Almost every energy ran out. Every country’s governments were crushed down at the same time. There were riots everywhere. All of the big company’s bosses were killed xdeadx in the riots. Troops fought each other everywhere. Food was bought up xawayx at once. There were no more food supplies in any shops. The economy was all crushed down. All the…See More
Jan 1, 2020
Namwaka Mooto posted blog posts
Jan 13, 2016
T D updated their profile
Sep 3, 2015
Brook Warner posted blog posts
Aug 25, 2015
Santiago Vega posted blog posts
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega commented on Santiago Vega's blog post Act 8
May 5, 2015
Santiago Vega posted photos
May 5, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted blog posts
May 2, 2015
Rico Angel Rodriguez posted a photo

public servants

The exchange works directly for state and public workers and servants. It gives them credit in exchange for the amount of public work they contribute to the community. The more constructive they are based off a base rate the more credit they recieve.
May 2, 2015

Follow EVOKE on Twitter

Official EVOKE Facebook Page

EVOKE RSS Activity Feed

© 2024   Created by Alchemy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service